Scheduling a Trip
Call your nearest Service Center to reserve your trip, 2 days to 7 days in advance. Call should be received no later than 2:00 p.m. on the day before your scheduled trip.
- Subscription service is available for passengers who make the same trip on a regular basis. Passengers who are eligible under Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) can call until 5 p.m. the day before.
- Be as complete and specific as possible when you make your reservations. Tell Your Ride about any physical abilitites or disabilities that may affect your time. Need assistance? Let them know if it will cause a problem if you van is early or late. Give the exact address to your pickup/drop-off locations and details, such as door locations, etc.
- Call the day before to confirm your ride. Be sure to get the call-taker's name. You will be given a 30-minute pickkup "window." The driver could arrive anytime during that 30-minute period.
- Using the Interactive Voice Response System (IVRS)
Waiting for Your Ride to arrive
- Be ready at the beginning of your pickup window. Drivers must stay on schedule in order not to inconvenience other passengers.
- The driver may come before your scheduled pickup window. If the van arrives early, it will wait until the schedule pickup window.
- If the van is more than 15 minutes late, call Your Ride. The staff person will check on your van and, if necessary, send a different one to pick you up. If you have to leave the pickup location to make your phone call, and miss your pickup, the Your Ride staff will instruct the driver to return and pick pick you up so you must call to confirm your pickup time.
- Tell the dirver who you are, so she or he knows that you are the right person to be picked up.
- Have correct fare. Drivers do not make change.
What to Expect
- Your Ride trips may take up to 60 minutes. If you need to arrive at a certain time, you may be pciked up as much as 90 minutes ahead of your scheduled appointment because of other trips scheduled on the same day. This will ensure that you are on time for your scheduled appointment.
- You can us Your Ride for one-way or round trips. Your return trip must be at least one-half hour after you are dropped off. The van will drop you off and go to its next stop.
- You will be given a pickup window when you call for your trip. This can change, depending on other calls received after yours, so you must call to confirm your pickup time.
Changing Or Canceling A Trip
- If your plans change, cancel your reservation as soon as possible. To cancel a reservation call your community service center at least 60 minutes before your scheduled pickup window. If you do not cancel at least 60 minutes in advance, you will be marked a no show
- If you need to change your reservation, you must call by 2:00 p.m. the day before your scheduled trip
- Cancellations are considered missed trips. Cancellations after 5:00 p.m. the day before your trip is a late cancellation. You will be notified if you have a high rate of no shows or late cancels.
- If time permits, the driver will wait a few minutes. If you are not ready to go by then, the driver must leave to pickup other passengers in order to remain on schedule. If you are not ready to go within your pickup window you will be marked a no show
- Persons affected by disabilities and senior citizen riders from suburban areas will be able to move within the Your Ride system at the downtown Customer Service Center at no additional cost
- Only senior citizens and persons affected by disabilities are eligible for Your Ride service within the City of Flint. Persons who are not considered eligible must change over to the regular fixed route bus service at the Downtown Service Center for a fare of $2.50
- Likewise, fixed route bus riders who would like to use Your Ride to travel to locations outside the City of Flint operating area will be required to pay the appropriate Your Ride fare
If you need for Your Ride service on the same day at the same time on a regular basis, you can make arrangements in advance with subscription service. Its an ideal way to plan personal transportation to and from work or school, going to the doctor or even grocery shopping. If you need to cancel a regularly scheduled pickup while on subscription service, please call the MTA one day in advance.
For more information, or to subscribe, call your nearest Your Ride Community Service Center.
Same Day Emergency Service
Same day emergency service is available for medical emergencies, or in the case of an unforeseen or unavoidable circumstance. The MTA is committed to meeting your transportation needs through efficient passenger scheduling. Your assistance in helping us perform efficiently requires advance notice whenever possible.